Friday 9 September 2011

Manifesting Skippy

As of now, I've decided to be extremely careful what I put out to the universe. Last night - on my way home from a night out dancing in a suburb I can't even pronounce, I was talking to my friend Michelle (who was driving) about her new powerful car...  "Out here, we need powerful cars because of trucks, and kangaroos". I get the trucks part but really? Kangaroos? Intrigued I turned and asked " Have you ever hit a kangaroo? What is it like hitting one?"Clearly it must be a pretty decent hit if you need a powerful car for Kangaroos. She turned to me... a look of horror on her face - and said "Ohhh no, don't say that! Touch wood NO I have never hit a kangaroo". So Michelle is my age - 26 , she lives out in the country and no, she has never hit a Kangaroo.. we should be fine. Can you see where this is going?  Michelle continues to tell me how important it is that you "don't swerve" when you hit a kangaroo because that is how people die from it... when "THUMP"... What on EARTH was that?!!...   Michelle and I let out a high pitched terrifying shriek as poor skippy rolls up the windscreen right in front of my eyes...  it goes silent. Horrified we keep driving along the pitch black road... It's 1am, there are no street lights... we are both in absolute shock..  "Do you think it's alive?". "No Michelle, I'm pretty sure you hit him for 6"...  we keep driving... in complete silence... we both start to shake. Eventually Michelle pulls over to check the  damage of the car. I refuse to get out (knowing full well I probably have a nice kangaroo coat plastered to my door). She walks around the front of the car. I don't know what scared me more - the actual accident or the look on Michelle's face when she looks at the damage. She slowly starts to make her way back to the car and she looks like she's seen a ghost. A few minutes of complete silence later we arrive back to her house. I turn to Michelle and flat out refused to open the door. "Michelle - I am NOT getting out my side (the kangaroo hit my side of the car). "No way am I getting out of my side, I'm going to climb over and get out of yours". I sit in my car for another minute and think to myself - don't be silly Lara.. just open the door....  After a few minutes of battling with my head I reach for the door handle and  pull it open. Nothing. I try again... nothing. My door finally opens an inch... it's completely stuck. WOW. Now I'm freaked out. I refuse to get out of the car so the universe made it impossible to do so...Coincidence? I think not. Someone was looking out for us tonight... had the kangaroo have hit us at another angle and gone through the windscreen I hate to think what would have happened. I'm so thankful that Michelle is such an amazing driver and didn't swerve...  The moral of the story? Be careful what you put out to the universe...  I'm off to buy a lottery ticket and hopefully manifest myself a nice house by the beach while I'm at it! :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank goodness you are both ok. Hope the kangaroo is too! Maybe he was out dancing too and had one too many ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! We use to live out bush(400km East of Perth) and I was stupid enough to swerve while travelling down a gravel road, even though I knew that we're not meant to. I was only centimetres from wrapping the car around a tree :( I was pregnant and had my 2 year old on the car at the time. Very terrifying!! I'm glad you're ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure this post wasn't meant to be funny.... but I was giggling at how you wrote about it. But then... it's deadly serious... and one of those "what if" moments in your life. It's all very spooky how you were talking about 'roos, then you hit one shortly after. Glad you're both okay. How bad was the car?

    ReplyDelete