Saturday 10 September 2011

I don't know if I've told you...

Since coming out of the biggest loser, I have been like a deer stuck in headlights. I've been in damage control, and, on most days, I've lived 24 hours in advance (meaning I plan my life day to day). That is truly all i have been capable of doing. I've been erratic, I've been spontaneous (much to some of my friend's delight and disgust). It hasn't been until I've come over here to WA, that I've realised just how many truly beautiful friends I have and of course... how beautiful and loving my family are. I may not be able to always show it, and I hope that now I can slow down my pace a little, but to all of you - who have been my oxygen - including my beautiful fans.... from the bottom of my heart I want to say thank you.. A special thank you to Bob Herdsman and his beautiful wife Jan (who by the way, has developed a mean left hook!). I am not sure how I will ever repay you, but I will forever be thankful for you both letting me "retreat" to your place. I'm sad to go home, but I guarantee I will be back :) I may not have "found Lara", but when I leave WA next week, I know I will leave feeling like the "fire in my belly" is back. I leave looking forward to things in life again (a feeling which, since the show, I have struggled to feel). Most of all though, to the person who is forever by my side, and the person who I love more then anything in the world - my mum. If I had a million mum's to choose in the whole world - it would always be you. As I said - I may not have found Lara, but I have discovered that a HUGE part of who Lara is made up of my beautiful family, my amazing friends, and my beautiful fans who inspire me every day. A quote to finish on which sums it all up "To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world"- Brandi Snyder


1 comment:

  1. thank you for starting this blog Lara. You are an inspiration

    ReplyDelete