Saturday 3 September 2011

Back to Bob...

Still feeling "lost", one day I reached out to a man who I knew - just speaking to - would give me clarity. Bob Herdsman won The Biggest Loser 2009 and I was fortunate enough to have him as my mentor on our series of the show. Have you ever had that instant connection with someone? Someone you don't actually know, but as soon as you get talking you feel like opening up to them? That's Bob for me. I sit and absorb everything that man says to me, and it feels like liquid gold running directly into my soul. I trust his words, and I know that he is just what I need to help me on my journey of "finding Lara". So I call him. After a 2 hour conversation (that feels like minutes) Bob says"come over and stay with me, and we will train". Making no other promises but that I could train with him, I rushed to the computer and booked a one-way ticket. I don't know how long it will take... so I won't put a limit on the time. I may not feel like I know who I am anymore - because everything has changed in my life... but the one thing that I do know is that whenever I train - I am my happiest.. People think I'm crazy when I train because as I am running I dance with my hands, and I smile and sometimes giggle. Having slacked off a bit since the show I knew this would be a good start. I may be a long way from "happy", but I know training will put me on my path.  So here I am. Having done my revealing bikini shoot for Who magazine, and having finally let the truth out about my break up with Leigh, I jumped on a plane to "go back to bob"...  (a phrase I used on the show when describing going back to hardcore training - not sure if anyone saw that week but GEEZ that man had us training (which is why I lost 10kgs in one week!!) Although losing some more weight and getting closer to my goal of 60kgs would be amazing, I know this adventure is designed for much more then that...

2 comments:

  1. Perfect! For me it was Sharif- I spoke to him in one of my weakest times- when I was carrying so much guilt for having gained so much weight and 'doing that' to myself. He speaks with so much passion and has a deep understanding of what it's like and the journey you take on the road to fat loss and self discovery.

    I wish you all the best. It's great to have the rock- the support of a person who has been there, done that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lara! I followed your journey all the way from Sweden. And so wanted you to win, you are a huge inspiration! Hope you find yourself and that you feel better after spending time with Bob.

    All the best to you.
    Therése xo

    ReplyDelete